Call for Abstracts
The INSIGHT: “Establish an Inclusive LGBTI Health Care Provision: Make a stand against stigma, discrimination and inequalities” (project number INSIGHT: 2021-1-IT02KA220-HED-000030196) Erasmus+ project invites you to present your work at the 2023 Final Conference on 3 November 2023 in Athens, at the Great Hall of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Propylaia.
One-day Final Conference focused on the challenges associated with the diversity and healthcare needs of LGBTI+ individuals, as well as the skills necessary for creating an inclusive healthcare system, free of disparities and discrimination experiences.
More specifically, the conference will focus on topics related to the LGBTI+ physical and mental health, as well as the promotion of knowledge, skills and attitudes aiming to diminish the competency gaps of HEI healthcare students and professionals regarding their clinical assessment, appropriate treatments and inclusive communication.
The Final Conference will be held in English.
- Specific LGBTI+ physical/mental health challenges and risks
- Health disparities: data comparing LGBTI+ and cis-heterosexual individuals health outcomes. Minority stress theory and data
- Gender diverse family challenges, gender diverse youth, adolescents, elderly challenges, LGBTI+ refugee population challenges
- Core guidelines for HC professionals, administration and policy makers for culturally relevant and affirming care to the LGBTI+ community
Guidelines for Submission:
- 200 word abstract in English shall be submitted electronically to the following address: [email protected], by October 25th, 2023.
Information regarding the Presentation:
Duration: 3 min
Format: PowerPoint Presentation
Type: In-presence / livestreamed / pre-recorded
After the peer-reviewing process, all approved abstracts will be included in the INSIGHT project Program/Abstract/Proceedings Book, to be subsequently implemented on the project’s website.
All presenters receive presentation certificates
The Scientific Committee will make every effort to schedule and assign abstracts in accordance with the authors’ preferences, but reserves the right to determine the final form of presentation.
- Final presentations must be on the supplied INSIGHT project PowerPoint template
- Presentations must be original and not previously presented in other meetings
- The lead author is the main contact.